We are pleased about your visit to our website, our web portal, application resp. social-media-channel and your inter-est in our company and our products. We take the protection of your private data seriously and we want you to feel secure when visiting our websites. It is important to us to protect your privacy when processing personal data. This is reflected in our business processes. Therefore we will modify and adapt our privacy notice if needed. We process personal data that is collected during your visit to our website in accordance with the data protection laws of the country in which the responsible data processing office is located. Our websites may contain links to other websites which are not covered by this privacy notice.
Application of the privacy notice
This notice covers how we collect and use your data e.g. when you visit or use our consumer and customer-directed websites, applications or social media channels; purchase and use our products, services, systems or applications; subscribe to our newsletters; provide to us your goods or services; contact our customer support; join our business events; or otherwise interact with us in your capacity as consumer, business customer, partner, (sub) supplier, con-tractor or other person with a business relationship with us.
Region or country depending specificities
Data collection and processing
Depending on the business relation we have (e.g. customer, consumer, supplier, business partner, etc.) and how you interact with us (e.g. online, offline, over the phone, etc.) we may process different data about you. We may collect your personal data, for example, when you visit or use our consumer and customer-directed websites, applications or social media channels, purchase and use our products, services, systems or applications, subscribe to our newsletters, download a software update, provide to us your goods or services, contact our customer support, join our business events, participate to our contests, promotions and surveys or otherwise interact with us.
Below you will find an overview of examples of data categories that you provide to us directly:
- Categories of data (e.g. Examples of types of data);
- Personal identification data (e.g. name, surname, title, date of birth);
- Contact information data (e.g. Email, phone number, address, country);
- Account log in information (e.g. Log in ID, password or other security codes);
- Financial data (e.g. Credit card data, bank account data);
- Any other information that you decide to voluntarily share with us or our affiliates;
- Feedback, opinions, reviews, comments, uploaded files, interests, information provided for our due diligence process;
- Images and/or videos from which you may be identified (e.g. Pictures uploaded or otherwise provided to us).
Lastly, if you visit our premises, for security reasons we might also record your data through video or other electronic, digital or wireless surveillance system or device (e.g. CCTV).
When you visit or use our websites or applications, subscribe to our newsletters or otherwise interact with us through our digital channels, in addition to the information you provide to us directly, we may collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. For example, we may collect automatically:
- Device information (e.g. Hardware model, IMEI number and other unique device identifiers, MAC address, IP address, operating system version, and settings of the device you use to access the services);
- Log information (e.g. Time and duration of your use of our digital channel or product);
- Location information (e.g. Your actual location - derived from your IP address or other location-based technologies - that may be collected when you enable location-based products or features such as through our apps);
- Other information about your use of our digital channels or products (e.g. Apps you use or websites you visit, links you click within our advertising e-mail, motion sensors data).
To the extent permitted by applicable law, in addition to our websites, applications and other digital channels, we may also obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms and other third parties.
Use of personal data and appropriation
We use your personal data for purposes of technical administration of the website, for customer, prospect and supplier management, for surveys and company information, as well as for marketing only to the necessary extent.
We would like to inform you in the best way possible and therefore we would also like to use your data to inform you about our products and services and if applicable to ask you questions about these. Of course, the participation in such campaigns is voluntary. If you no longer want us to use this data, please inform us at any time so that we can block your data for the future.
On our website, newsletters can optionally be subscribed to. The data provided during the newsletter subscription are only used for sending the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time through the provided unsubscribe option.
We may use your data for other, different legitimate reasons and business purposes. Below you will find an overview of the purposes for which we may process your data:
- Assessment and (re)screening of (potential) Customers, Suppliers and/or Business Partners (e.g. For conducting due diligence);
- Conclusion and execution of agreements (e.g. Sales, billing, shipment of products or services, registration to mobile applications or websites, warranty, service communications, account management);
- Providing support upon data subject’s request (e.g. Providing support via communication channels, such as customer or contact center support);
- Direct marketing (e.g. Promoting contact with consumers and/or business customers (only in certain countries), email marketing, market surveys, personalizing your experience by presenting products and offers tailored to you - such as on our sites, applications or in other communications);
- Security and protection of our interests/assets (e.g. Deploying and maintaining technical and organizational security measures, conducting internal audits and investigations, conducting assessments to verify conflict of interests);
- Compliance with legal obligations (e.g. Disclosing data to government institutions or supervisory authorities as applicable in all countries in which we operate, such as tax and national insurance deductions, record-keeping and reporting obligations, conducting compliance audits, compliance with government inspections and other requests from government or other public authorities, responding to legal process such as subpoenas, pursuing legal rights and remedies, and managing any internal complaints or claims);
- Defense of legal claims (e.g. Establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims to which we are or may be subject).
If we ask you to provide us with your data, but you chose not to, in some cases we will not be able to provide you with the full functionality of our products, services, systems or applications. Additional, we might not be able to respond to requests you might have.
Legal basis for data processing
In order to be able to process your data, we may rely on different legal bases, including:
- Your consent (only when legally required or permitted). If we rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing your data, you may withdraw your consent at any time;
- The necessity to establish a contractual relationship with you and to perform our obligations under a contract;
- The necessity for us to comply with legal obligations and to establish, exercise, or defend our self from legal claims;
- The necessity to pursue our legitimate interests, including:
- To ensure that our networks and information are secure
- To administer and generally conduct business within the Company
- To prevent or investigate suspected or actual violations of law, breaches of a business customer contract, or non-compliance with the Business Code of Practice (the General Business Principles of our group parent Atlas Copco AB) or other company policies;
- The necessity to respond to your requests;
- The necessity to protect the vital interests of any person;
- Any other legal basis anyhow permitted by local laws.
Dissemination of personal data
Transfers of personal data to government institutions and authorities only occur within the framework of mandatory national legislation. In order to inform you and to optimize the relation, we might transmit your personal data within our group of companies belonging to the Atlas Copco AB. Our employees, agencies and retailers are obliged by us to respect confidentiality.
Dissemination, sale or other transmission of your personal data to third parties does not take place, unless this is required as part of our business purpose, to perform a contract or you have explicitly consented to. Thus, it may for example be necessary when you order products or services, that we provide your address and order data to our contractual partners or as part of the commissioning to specific service providers, who assist us in our activities. We may share your data with other parties including professional advisors, such as banks, insurance companies, auditors, lawyers, accountants, other professional advisors.
During implementation the contract through our online shop, you agree that we will transmit your personal information to service providers to process the payment transactions via credit card, direct debit or other payment options. You further agree, that these service providers will process, store and provide your personal data to the for the settlement of the transaction necessary institutions, especially to the participating financial institutions, banks, credit card companies and that further processing of personal data carried out by these bodies.
We may from time to time also share your data in the course of corporate transactions, such as during a sale of a business or a part of a business to another company, or any reorganization, merger, joint venture, or other disposition of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
Data transfer abroad
Due to our global nature, data you provide to us may be transferred to or accessed by our affiliates and trusted third parties. As a result, your data may be processed outside the country where you live, if this is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes described in this Notice.
If you are located in a country member of the European Economic Area, we may transfer your data to countries located outside of the European Economic Area. Some of these countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection. With regard to transfers from the European Economic Area to other countries that are not are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection, we have put in place adequate measures to protect your data, such as organizational and legal measures (e.g. binding corporate rules and approved European Commission standard contractual clauses).
We use the below mentioned special technologies and collect, process and use additional data if applicable. Special technologies are used in order to optimally use our services as intended. They are also used to identify trends, to analyze and to further develop our performance, products, services and communication innovatively.
We aim to improve the use of our offerings for our customers and other users constantly. Furthermore, we apply these special technologies to ensure the security of our services and to prevent abuse.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit our website and are saved by your browser. They serve to make our offer more user-friendly, more effective and safer. Wherever possible, we use so-called session cookies that are automatically deleted after your visit. You can disable cookies. For details, please refer to the instructions of your browser. Without cookies you only have limited access to our website.
On various websites we use so-called social plugins (hereinafter buttons) of social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Xing. During your visit to our website a direct connection to the server of the respective social network may be established. The content of the button is then transferred from the social networks directly to your browser and integrated into the website.
Hereby, the respective social network can already collect data, regardless of whether you interact with the button. If you are logged in to a social network, it can assign your visit to this site to your user account. If you are a member of a social network and do not want it to link the data collected during your visit to our website with your stored member data, you need to log out from the respective social network before visiting our website.
We have no influence on the extend of data that is collected by the social networks with their buttons. For the purpose and scope of data collection, the further processing and use of data by the respective social networks as well as your rights and settings options for protecting your privacy please refer to the privacy policies of the respective social networks.
Analysis of usage data
We want to continuously update and improve our offerings and our online services. Therefore, we apply the following technologies to detect the preferences of visitors as well as particularly popular areas of our website. This enables us to tailor the contents of our web pages to your needs and - if necessary - eliminate flaws quicker.
eTracker: Our website uses eTracker technology (www.etracker.com) to collect data on visitor behavior. The data is collected anonymously for use in marketing and optimization. All visitor data is saved using an anonymous user ID and can be used to aggregate a usage profile. Cookies may be used for this purpose. Cookies are small text files that are stored in the visitor’s local browser cache. It is possible to use these cookies to recognize a visitor’s browser. The data collected by the eTracker technology will not be used to determine the personal identity of a website visitor, and will not be compiled with personal data relating to the person referred to by the pseudonym, unless agreed to separately by the person concerned. The collection and storage of data may be revoked at any time with respect to future services, http://www.etracker.de/privacy?et=V23Jbb&languageId=2.
We keep your data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it has been collected (for details on these purposes, see above section “Use of personal data and appropriation”). Please keep in mind that in certain cases a longer retention period may be required or permitted by law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- How long is the data needed to provide you with our products or services or to operate our business?
- Do you have an account with us? In this case, we will keep your data while your account is active or for as long as needed to provide the services to you.
- Are we subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain your data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation.
We use technical and organizational security measures to protect your data managed by us against manipulation, loss, destruction and against access by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments. We are requiring our service providers to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your data.
As a registered user, we offer you the option to review your data yourself and to delete or change it if necessary. If, despite our efforts to maintain data accuracy and timeliness, incorrect information were stored, we will correct those upon your written request. Additionally you can:
- review, change or delete the data you have supplied us with (to the extent we are not otherwise permitted or required to keep such data);
- object to certain data processing operations (e.g., opt-out from marketing communications);
- receive a copy of your data (in a common machine readable format, to the extent it is required by applicable law);
We will do our best to address your request in time, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may then refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction.
If you have questions regarding the processing of your personal data, you can contact our data protection officer, who will also handle information requests, suggestions and complaints. The more detailed you formulate your request, the better we can reply to your question.
|Data Processing Controller||Data Protection Officer|
|Leybold USA Inc.||c/o Leybold USA Inc.|
|6005 Enterprise Drive||6005 Enterprise Drive|
|15632 PA||15632 PA|
|E-Mail: Info (at) leybold.com||E-Mail: privacy (at) leybold.com|
|Phone: +1 (800) 764 5369||Phone: +1 (800) 764 5369|